Subject: bug#75460: 'herd status' hangs with daemonized shepherd

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2025 15:43:17 +0100

Hi,

Simen Endsjø <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Simen Endsjø <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> This is fixed by
>>> <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/commit/?id=ffcd3745e5d8a3e4134ae76fe94a5ec80f52c465>.
>>>
>>> It would be great if you could give it a try because I’m not sure this
>>> is exactly the problem you were having, but it may be related at least.
>>
>> Great, thanks! Unfortunately, I have no idea how I can modify my setup
>> to use this new shepherd until it's added to guix.

Hmm I don’t see this message of yours in the thread; weird.

The simple way to test is by using the ‘shepherd’ channel and adjusting
your Home config to use the ‘shepherd’ package of that channel:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-11/msg00114.html

(Part of this is described in ‘README’ but I’ll copy the instructions on
the web site for clarity.)

> I see 1.0.2 is not in Guix yet.

It’s not released yet, but hopefully in the coming days.

Thanks for checking!

Ludo’.