Subject: [bug#75457] [PATCH guile-zlib] zlib.scm: Fix uncompress for native 32-bit systems.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2025 10:41:57 +0200

On Sat, Jan 18, 2025 at 06:55:29PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > * zlib.scm (uncompress): Use the sizeof an unsigned-long for all size
> > calculations instead of forcing 64-bit integers.
> 
> Pushed as 7eb66708fb8db750d7175b750531a48e3f49d96d.
> 
> Interestingly i686 was fine, probably because it’s little endian so the
> bug you had on powerpc didn’t show up.
> 
> Let’s see if there’s anything else to fix and if not, we should tag a
> new version.

I had thought that some of the 64-bitness of running on a 64-bit machine
while building as i686 leaked through, but checking debian's build logs¹
for guile-zlib 0.2.1-1 was inconclusive, with powerpc and hppa showing
the same test failure I was hitting.  Nothing on m68k, which I think is
big endian, but it looks like the tests weren't run there.

¹ https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=guile-zlib&suite=sid

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted