Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Add xen-guest-agent and daemon

From: Karl Hallsby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2025 14:12:48 -0600

This train adds the necessary Rust packages requried to build the
xen-guest-agent package, builds it, and defines a service-type for
running it as a daemon.

The guest agent allows the virtualizing host (Xen) to receive
information about the running OS guest and the host to send graceful
versions of commands to the guest.

The service-type is mutually exclusive with the xe-guest-utilities
service-type and daemon introduced in issue #72249.

Karl Hallsby (7):
  gnu: Add rust-uname-0.1.
  gnu: Add rust-xenstore-sys-0.3
  gnu: Add rust-xenstore-sys-0.2
  gnu: Add rust-xenstore-rs-0.7
  gnu: Add rust-xenstore-rs-0.6
  gnu: Add xen-guest-agent.
  services: Add xen-guest-agent-service-type.

 doc/guix.texi                   |  24 +++++++
 gnu/packages/crates-io.scm      | 112 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/virtualization.scm |  51 +++++++++++++++
 gnu/services/virtualization.scm |  34 +++++++++-
 4 files changed, 220 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 4eaeff997907bc1b67884a6dc087756a50f175e2
prerequisite-patch-id: daabcb5995f03ed867a27648e973e1c2203f2bc9
prerequisite-patch-id: 10ca9a0912c5ab863ed39f14959581e75962ada9
-- 
2.46.0