Subject: bug#75424: docker-compose up/down not working throwing error.

From: Apoorv Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2025 21:54:58 +0530

I use docker-compose for my various projects and after some recent 
pulls it is not working, here is the error that I get,

  docker-compose up -d
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File 
  "/gnu/store/7v8r5c2xf2g6l4k7dfvcxxhm1kfdm9b5-python-docker-5.0.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/docker/api/client.py", 
  line 214, in _retrieve_server_version
    return self.version(api_version=False)["ApiVersion"]
  File 
  "/gnu/store/7v8r5c2xf2g6l4k7dfvcxxhm1kfdm9b5-python-docker-5.0.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/docker/api/daemon.py", 
  line 181, in version
    return self._result(self._get(url), json=True)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/7v8r5c2xf2g6l4k7dfvcxxhm1kfdm9b5-python-docker-5.0.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/docker/utils/decorators.py", 
  line 46, in inner
    return f(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/7v8r5c2xf2g6l4k7dfvcxxhm1kfdm9b5-python-docker-5.0.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/docker/api/client.py", 
  line 237, in _get
    return self.get(url, **self._set_request_timeout(kwargs))
  File 
  "/gnu/store/r00bkmca02d3qq3wkdlmn25hggkh7s83-python-requests-2.31.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", 
  line 602, in get
    return self.request("GET", url, **kwargs)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/r00bkmca02d3qq3wkdlmn25hggkh7s83-python-requests-2.31.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", 
  line 589, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/r00bkmca02d3qq3wkdlmn25hggkh7s83-python-requests-2.31.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", 
  line 703, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/r00bkmca02d3qq3wkdlmn25hggkh7s83-python-requests-2.31.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", 
  line 486, in send
    resp = conn.urlopen(
  File 
  "/gnu/store/bi749lz8k8n76dixwrrrn23wpm6mimiz-python-urllib3-2.2.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", 
  line 793, in urlopen
    response = self._make_request(
  File 
  "/gnu/store/bi749lz8k8n76dixwrrrn23wpm6mimiz-python-urllib3-2.2.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", 
  line 496, in _make_request
    conn.request(
TypeError: HTTPConnection.request() got an unexpected keyword 
argument 'chunked'

During handling of the above exception, another exception 
occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File 
  "/gnu/store/xv8prsaaczjxxgxwaq7j13xqwlf3hywa-docker-compose-1.29.2/bin/.docker-compose-real", 
  line 33, in <module>
    sys.exit(load_entry_point('docker-compose==1.29.2', 
    'console_scripts', 'docker-compose')())
  File 
  "/gnu/store/xv8prsaaczjxxgxwaq7j13xqwlf3hywa-docker-compose-1.29.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/compose/cli/main.py", 
  line 81, in main
    command_func()
  File 
  "/gnu/store/xv8prsaaczjxxgxwaq7j13xqwlf3hywa-docker-compose-1.29.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/compose/cli/main.py", 
  line 200, in perform_command
    project = project_from_options('.', options)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/xv8prsaaczjxxgxwaq7j13xqwlf3hywa-docker-compose-1.29.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/compose/cli/command.py", 
  line 60, in project_from_options
    return get_project(
  File 
  "/gnu/store/xv8prsaaczjxxgxwaq7j13xqwlf3hywa-docker-compose-1.29.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/compose/cli/command.py", 
  line 152, in get_project
    client = get_client(
  File 
  "/gnu/store/xv8prsaaczjxxgxwaq7j13xqwlf3hywa-docker-compose-1.29.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/compose/cli/docker_client.py", 
  line 41, in get_client
    client = docker_client(
  File 
  "/gnu/store/xv8prsaaczjxxgxwaq7j13xqwlf3hywa-docker-compose-1.29.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/compose/cli/docker_client.py", 
  line 170, in docker_client
    client = APIClient(use_ssh_client=not use_paramiko_ssh, 
    **kwargs)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/7v8r5c2xf2g6l4k7dfvcxxhm1kfdm9b5-python-docker-5.0.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/docker/api/client.py", 
  line 197, in __init__
    self._version = self._retrieve_server_version()
  File 
  "/gnu/store/7v8r5c2xf2g6l4k7dfvcxxhm1kfdm9b5-python-docker-5.0.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/docker/api/client.py", 
  line 221, in _retrieve_server_version
    raise DockerException(
docker.errors.DockerException: Error while fetching server API 
version: HTTPConnection.request() got an unexpected keyword 
argument 'chunked'

--
- Apoorv Singh
- Sent from Emacs.