Subject: bug#75423: ansible package fails to build due to some tests failing on python-resolvelib package

From: Apoorv Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2025 21:52:55 +0530

The ansible package fails to build due to some tests failing on 
python-resolvelib package, here are the logs,

starting phase `wrap'
find-files: 
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/bin: 
No such file or directory
find-files: 
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/sbin: 
No such file or directory
phase `wrap' succeeded after 0.0 seconds
starting phase `check'
============================= test session starts 
==============================
platform linux -- Python 3.10.7, pytest-8.3.3, pluggy-1.5.0
rootdir: /tmp/guix-build-python-resolvelib-0.7.1.drv-0/source
configfile: pyproject.toml
plugins: hypothesis-6.54.5
collected 47 items

tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py 
x...F..F.x..F.FF. [ 36%]
...F.... 
[ 53%]
tests/functional/python/test_resolvers_python.py ....xxF. 
[ 70%]
tests/functional/swift-package-manager/test_resolvers_swift.py 
....      [ 78%]
tests/test_resolvers.py ... 
[ 85%]
tests/test_structs.py ....... 
[100%]

=================================== FAILURES 
===================================
____________________ test_resolver[conflict_common_parent] 
_____________________

provider = <test_resolvers_cocoapods.CocoaPodsInputProvider object 
at 0x7ffff6a520e0>
reporter = <conftest.TestReporter object at 0x7ffff6a84d90>

    def test_resolver(provider, reporter):
        resolver = Resolver(provider, reporter)

        if provider.expected_conflicts:
            with pytest.raises(ResolutionImpossible) as ctx:
                result = 
                resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)
                print(_format_resolution(result))  # Provide some 
                debugging hints.
            assert _format_conflicts(ctx.value) == 
            provider.expected_conflicts
        else:
>           result = resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)

tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:195:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:472: 
in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, 
    max_rounds=max_rounds)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:366: 
in resolve
    failure_causes = self._attempt_to_pin_criterion(name)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:212: 
in _attempt_to_pin_criterion
    criteria = self._get_updated_criteria(candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:203: 
in _get_updated_criteria
    self._add_to_criteria(criteria, requirement, parent=candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:168: 
in _add_to_criteria
    candidates=build_iter_view(matches),
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/structs.py:164: 
in build_iter_view
    matches = list(matches)
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:133: in 
find_matches
    candidates = sorted(
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:118: in 
_iter_matches
    version = packaging.version.parse(entry["version"])
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:56: 
in parse
    return Version(version)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

self = <[AttributeError("'Version' object has no attribute 
'_version'") raised in repr()] Version object at 0x7ffff5a63be0>
version = '5.0.0-beta1.1'

    def __init__(self, version: str) -> None:
        """Initialize a Version object.

        :param version:
            The string representation of a version which will be 
            parsed and normalized
            before use.
        :raises InvalidVersion:
            If the ``version`` does not conform to PEP 440 in any 
            way then this
            exception will be raised.
        """

        # Validate the version and parse it into pieces
        match = self._regex.search(version)
        if not match:
>           raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: {version!r}")
E           packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version: 
'5.0.0-beta1.1'

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:202: 
InvalidVersion
_____________________ test_resolver[deep_complex_conflict] 
_____________________

provider = <test_resolvers_cocoapods.CocoaPodsInputProvider object 
at 0x7ffff58647f0>
reporter = <conftest.TestReporter object at 0x7ffff5c0d360>

    def test_resolver(provider, reporter):
        resolver = Resolver(provider, reporter)

        if provider.expected_conflicts:
            with pytest.raises(ResolutionImpossible) as ctx:
                result = 
                resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)
                print(_format_resolution(result))  # Provide some 
                debugging hints.
            assert _format_conflicts(ctx.value) == 
            provider.expected_conflicts
        else:
>           result = resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)

tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:195:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:472: 
in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, 
    max_rounds=max_rounds)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:366: 
in resolve
    failure_causes = self._attempt_to_pin_criterion(name)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:212: 
in _attempt_to_pin_criterion
    criteria = self._get_updated_criteria(candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:203: 
in _get_updated_criteria
    self._add_to_criteria(criteria, requirement, parent=candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:168: 
in _add_to_criteria
    candidates=build_iter_view(matches),
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/structs.py:164: 
in build_iter_view
    matches = list(matches)
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:133: in 
find_matches
    candidates = sorted(
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:118: in 
_iter_matches
    version = packaging.version.parse(entry["version"])
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:56: 
in parse
    return Version(version)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

self = <[AttributeError("'Version' object has no attribute 
'_version'") raised in repr()] Version object at 0x7ffff5c1ea40>
version = '4.0.0-preview2.1'

    def __init__(self, version: str) -> None:
        """Initialize a Version object.

        :param version:
            The string representation of a version which will be 
            parsed and normalized
            before use.
        :raises InvalidVersion:
            If the ``version`` does not conform to PEP 440 in any 
            way then this
            exception will be raised.
        """

        # Validate the version and parse it into pieces
        match = self._regex.search(version)
        if not match:
>           raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: {version!r}")
E           packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version: 
'4.0.0-preview2.1'

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:202: 
InvalidVersion
----------------------------- Captured stdout call 
                              -----------------------------
Pin  Candidate(name='capybara', ver=<Version('2.2.1')>, 
deps=[Requirement(name='nokogiri', 
spec=<SpecifierSet('>=1.3.3')>), Requirement(name='mime-types', 
spec=<SpecifierSet('>=1.16')>), Requirement(name='rack', 
spec=<SpecifierSet('>=1.0.0')>), Requirement(name='rack-test', 
spec=<SpecifierSet('>=0.5.4')>), Requirement(name='xpath', 
spec=<SpecifierSet('>=2.0,~=2.0')>)])
 Pin  Candidate(name='xpath', ver=<Version('2.0.0')>, 
 deps=[Requirement(name='nokogiri', 
 spec=<SpecifierSet('>=1.3,~=1.3')>)])
  Pin  Candidate(name='rack-test', ver=<Version('0.6.3')>, 
  deps=[Requirement(name='rack', spec=<SpecifierSet('>=1.0')>)])
   Pin  Candidate(name='mime-types', ver=<Version('2.4.3')>, 
   deps=[])
    Pin  Candidate(name='nokogiri', ver=<Version('1.6.6')>, 
    deps=[Requirement(name='mini_portile', 
    spec=<SpecifierSet('>=0.6.0,~=0.6.0')>)])
     Pin  Candidate(name='mini_portile', ver=<Version('0.6.2')>, 
     deps=[])
      Pin  Candidate(name='rack', ver=<Version('1.6.0')>, deps=[])
       Pin  Candidate(name='rails', ver=<Version('3.2.21')>, 
       deps=[Requirement(name='bundler', 
       spec=<SpecifierSet('>=1.0,~=1.0')>), 
       Requirement(name='railties', 
       spec=<SpecifierSet('==3.2.21')>), 
       Requirement(name='actionmailer', 
       spec=<SpecifierSet('==3.2.21')>), 
       Requirement(name='activeresource', 
       spec=<SpecifierSet('==3.2.21')>), 
       Requirement(name='activerecord', 
       spec=<SpecifierSet('==3.2.21')>), 
       Requirement(name='actionpack', 
       spec=<SpecifierSet('==3.2.21')>), 
       Requirement(name='activesupport', 
       spec=<SpecifierSet('==3.2.21')>)])
___________________ test_resolver[pruned_unresolved_orphan] 
____________________

provider = <test_resolvers_cocoapods.CocoaPodsInputProvider object 
at 0x7ffff61fac20>
reporter = <conftest.TestReporter object at 0x7ffff61f9120>

    def test_resolver(provider, reporter):
        resolver = Resolver(provider, reporter)

        if provider.expected_conflicts:
            with pytest.raises(ResolutionImpossible) as ctx:
                result = 
                resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)
                print(_format_resolution(result))  # Provide some 
                debugging hints.
            assert _format_conflicts(ctx.value) == 
            provider.expected_conflicts
        else:
>           result = resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)

tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:195:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:472: 
in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, 
    max_rounds=max_rounds)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:366: 
in resolve
    failure_causes = self._attempt_to_pin_criterion(name)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:212: 
in _attempt_to_pin_criterion
    criteria = self._get_updated_criteria(candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:203: 
in _get_updated_criteria
    self._add_to_criteria(criteria, requirement, parent=candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:168: 
in _add_to_criteria
    candidates=build_iter_view(matches),
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/structs.py:164: 
in build_iter_view
    matches = list(matches)
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:133: in 
find_matches
    candidates = sorted(
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:118: in 
_iter_matches
    version = packaging.version.parse(entry["version"])
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:56: 
in parse
    return Version(version)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

self = <[AttributeError("'Version' object has no attribute 
'_version'") raised in repr()] Version object at 0x7ffff5a8e2f0>
version = '0.18.0-gh.de28323'

    def __init__(self, version: str) -> None:
        """Initialize a Version object.

        :param version:
            The string representation of a version which will be 
            parsed and normalized
            before use.
        :raises InvalidVersion:
            If the ``version`` does not conform to PEP 440 in any 
            way then this
            exception will be raised.
        """

        # Validate the version and parse it into pieces
        match = self._regex.search(version)
        if not match:
>           raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: {version!r}")
E           packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version: 
'0.18.0-gh.de28323'

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:202: 
InvalidVersion
----------------------------- Captured stdout call 
                              -----------------------------
Pin  Candidate(name='mail', ver=<Version('2.6.3')>, 
deps=[Requirement(name='mime-types', 
spec=<SpecifierSet('<3,>=1.16')>)])
___________________ test_resolver[shared_parent_dependency] 
____________________

provider = <test_resolvers_cocoapods.CocoaPodsInputProvider object 
at 0x7ffff6a7f4f0>
reporter = <conftest.TestReporter object at 0x7ffff6a7f6a0>

    def test_resolver(provider, reporter):
        resolver = Resolver(provider, reporter)

        if provider.expected_conflicts:
            with pytest.raises(ResolutionImpossible) as ctx:
                result = 
                resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)
                print(_format_resolution(result))  # Provide some 
                debugging hints.
            assert _format_conflicts(ctx.value) == 
            provider.expected_conflicts
        else:
>           result = resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)

tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:195:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:472: 
in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, 
    max_rounds=max_rounds)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:341: 
in resolve
    self._add_to_criteria(self.state.criteria, r, parent=None)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:168: 
in _add_to_criteria
    candidates=build_iter_view(matches),
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/structs.py:164: 
in build_iter_view
    matches = list(matches)
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:133: in 
find_matches
    candidates = sorted(
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:118: in 
_iter_matches
    version = packaging.version.parse(entry["version"])
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:56: 
in parse
    return Version(version)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

self = <[AttributeError("'Version' object has no attribute 
'_version'") raised in repr()] Version object at 0x7ffff5c2e5c0>
version = '0.10.0-qs.0'

    def __init__(self, version: str) -> None:
        """Initialize a Version object.

        :param version:
            The string representation of a version which will be 
            parsed and normalized
            before use.
        :raises InvalidVersion:
            If the ``version`` does not conform to PEP 440 in any 
            way then this
            exception will be raised.
        """

        # Validate the version and parse it into pieces
        match = self._regex.search(version)
        if not match:
>           raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: {version!r}")
E           packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version: 
'0.10.0-qs.0'

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:202: 
InvalidVersion
____________ test_resolver[shared_parent_dependency_with_swapping] 
_____________

provider = <test_resolvers_cocoapods.CocoaPodsInputProvider object 
at 0x7ffff58a40a0>
reporter = <conftest.TestReporter object at 0x7ffff61fb130>

    def test_resolver(provider, reporter):
        resolver = Resolver(provider, reporter)

        if provider.expected_conflicts:
            with pytest.raises(ResolutionImpossible) as ctx:
                result = 
                resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)
                print(_format_resolution(result))  # Provide some 
                debugging hints.
            assert _format_conflicts(ctx.value) == 
            provider.expected_conflicts
        else:
>           result = resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)

tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:195:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:472: 
in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, 
    max_rounds=max_rounds)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:366: 
in resolve
    failure_causes = self._attempt_to_pin_criterion(name)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:212: 
in _attempt_to_pin_criterion
    criteria = self._get_updated_criteria(candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:203: 
in _get_updated_criteria
    self._add_to_criteria(criteria, requirement, parent=candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:168: 
in _add_to_criteria
    candidates=build_iter_view(matches),
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/structs.py:164: 
in build_iter_view
    matches = list(matches)
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:133: in 
find_matches
    candidates = sorted(
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:118: in 
_iter_matches
    version = packaging.version.parse(entry["version"])
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:56: 
in parse
    return Version(version)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

self = <[AttributeError("'Version' object has no attribute 
'_version'") raised in repr()] Version object at 0x7ffff5c0e680>
version = '0.3.6-pre.f7e3358'

    def __init__(self, version: str) -> None:
        """Initialize a Version object.

        :param version:
            The string representation of a version which will be 
            parsed and normalized
            before use.
        :raises InvalidVersion:
            If the ``version`` does not conform to PEP 440 in any 
            way then this
            exception will be raised.
        """

        # Validate the version and parse it into pieces
        match = self._regex.search(version)
        if not match:
>           raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: {version!r}")
E           packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version: 
'0.3.6-pre.f7e3358'

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:202: 
InvalidVersion
----------------------------- Captured stdout call 
                              -----------------------------
Pin  Candidate(name='avro_turf', ver=<Version('0.6.2')>, 
deps=[Requirement(name='avro', 
spec=<SpecifierSet('<1.9,>=1.7.7')>), Requirement(name='excon', 
spec=<SpecifierSet('>=0.45.4,~=0.45.4')>)])
____________________ test_resolver[spapping_and_rewinding] 
_____________________

provider = <test_resolvers_cocoapods.CocoaPodsInputProvider object 
at 0x7ffff5a532e0>
reporter = <conftest.TestReporter object at 0x7ffff5a53160>

    def test_resolver(provider, reporter):
        resolver = Resolver(provider, reporter)

        if provider.expected_conflicts:
            with pytest.raises(ResolutionImpossible) as ctx:
                result = 
                resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)
                print(_format_resolution(result))  # Provide some 
                debugging hints.
            assert _format_conflicts(ctx.value) == 
            provider.expected_conflicts
        else:
>           result = resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)

tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:195:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:472: 
in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, 
    max_rounds=max_rounds)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:366: 
in resolve
    failure_causes = self._attempt_to_pin_criterion(name)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:212: 
in _attempt_to_pin_criterion
    criteria = self._get_updated_criteria(candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:203: 
in _get_updated_criteria
    self._add_to_criteria(criteria, requirement, parent=candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:168: 
in _add_to_criteria
    candidates=build_iter_view(matches),
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/structs.py:164: 
in build_iter_view
    matches = list(matches)
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:133: in 
find_matches
    candidates = sorted(
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py:118: in 
_iter_matches
    version = packaging.version.parse(entry["version"])
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:56: 
in parse
    return Version(version)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

self = <[AttributeError("'Version' object has no attribute 
'_version'") raised in repr()] Version object at 0x7ffff5a621a0>
version = '2.0.0.pre.develop.2'

    def __init__(self, version: str) -> None:
        """Initialize a Version object.

        :param version:
            The string representation of a version which will be 
            parsed and normalized
            before use.
        :raises InvalidVersion:
            If the ``version`` does not conform to PEP 440 in any 
            way then this
            exception will be raised.
        """

        # Validate the version and parse it into pieces
        match = self._regex.search(version)
        if not match:
>           raise InvalidVersion(f"Invalid version: {version!r}")
E           packaging.version.InvalidVersion: Invalid version: 
'2.0.0.pre.develop.2'

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/version.py:202: 
InvalidVersion
----------------------------- Captured stdout call 
                              -----------------------------
Pin  Candidate(name='ruby', ver=<Version('1.9.3.551')>, deps=[])
_________________________ test_resolver[same-package] 
__________________________

self = <[AttributeError("'Requirement' object has no attribute 
'name'") raised in repr()] Requirement object at 0x7ffff5c1feb0>
requirement_string = "package-x=='1.2.0'; extra == 'x'"

    def __init__(self, requirement_string: str) -> None:
        try:
>           parsed = _parse_requirement(requirement_string)

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/requirements.py:36:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/_parser.py:62: 
in parse_requirement
    return _parse_requirement(Tokenizer(source, 
    rules=DEFAULT_RULES))
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/_parser.py:80: 
in _parse_requirement
    url, specifier, marker = _parse_requirement_details(tokenizer)
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/_parser.py:124: 
in _parse_requirement_details
    marker = _parse_requirement_marker(
/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/_parser.py:145: 
in _parse_requirement_marker
    tokenizer.raise_syntax_error(
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

self = <packaging._tokenizer.Tokenizer object at 0x7ffff5c1f1f0>
message = 'Expected end or semicolon (after name and no valid 
version specifier)'

    def raise_syntax_error(
        self,
        message: str,
        *,
        span_start: int | None = None,
        span_end: int | None = None,
    ) -> NoReturn:
        """Raise ParserSyntaxError at the given position."""
        span = (
            self.position if span_start is None else span_start,
            self.position if span_end is None else span_end,
        )
>       raise ParserSyntaxError(
            message,
            source=self.source,
            span=span,
        )
E       packaging._tokenizer.ParserSyntaxError: Expected end or 
semicolon (after name and no valid version specifier)
E           package-x=='1.2.0'; extra == 'x'
E                    ^

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/_tokenizer.py:167: 
ParserSyntaxError

The above exception was the direct cause of the following 
exception:

provider = <test_resolvers_python.PythonInputProvider object at 
0x7ffff5c1e230>
reporter = <conftest.TestReporter object at 0x7ffff5c1dbd0>

    def test_resolver(provider, reporter):
        resolver = Resolver(provider, reporter)

        if provider.expected_confliction:
            with pytest.raises(ResolutionImpossible) as ctx:
                result = 
                resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)
                print(_format_resolution(result))  # Provide some 
                debugging hints.
            assert _format_confliction(ctx.value) == 
            provider.expected_confliction
        else:
>           resolution = 
>           resolver.resolve(provider.root_requirements)

tests/functional/python/test_resolvers_python.py:170:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:472: 
in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, 
    max_rounds=max_rounds)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:366: 
in resolve
    failure_causes = self._attempt_to_pin_criterion(name)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:212: 
in _attempt_to_pin_criterion
    criteria = self._get_updated_criteria(candidate)
/gnu/store/f05w6gxgi0g6aviarivji3glz7xi1skx-python-resolvelib-0.7.1/lib/python3.10/site-packages/resolvelib/resolvers.py:202: 
in _get_updated_criteria
    for requirement in 
    self._p.get_dependencies(candidate=candidate):
tests/functional/python/test_resolvers_python.py:114: in 
get_dependencies
    return list(self._iter_dependencies(candidate))
tests/functional/python/test_resolvers_python.py:108: in 
_iter_dependencies
    requirement = packaging.requirements.Requirement(r)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

self = <[AttributeError("'Requirement' object has no attribute 
'name'") raised in repr()] Requirement object at 0x7ffff5c1feb0>
requirement_string = "package-x=='1.2.0'; extra == 'x'"

    def __init__(self, requirement_string: str) -> None:
        try:
            parsed = _parse_requirement(requirement_string)
        except ParserSyntaxError as e:
>           raise InvalidRequirement(str(e)) from e
E           packaging.requirements.InvalidRequirement: Expected 
end or semicolon (after name and no valid version specifier)
E               package-x=='1.2.0'; extra == 'x'
E                        ^

/gnu/store/p0ivhssrrkxm0w9p5223bi98hz3ddksw-python-packaging-bootstrap-24.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/packaging/requirements.py:38: 
InvalidRequirement
=========================== short test summary info 
============================
FAILED 
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py::test_resolver[conflict_common_parent]
FAILED 
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py::test_resolver[deep_complex_conflict]
FAILED 
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py::test_resolver[pruned_unresolved_orphan]
FAILED 
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py::test_resolver[shared_parent_dependency]
FAILED 
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py::test_resolver[shared_parent_dependency_with_swapping]
FAILED 
tests/functional/cocoapods/test_resolvers_cocoapods.py::test_resolver[spapping_and_rewinding]
FAILED 
tests/functional/python/test_resolvers_python.py::test_resolver[same-package]
=================== 7 failed, 36 passed, 4 xfailed in 10.33s 
===================
error: in phase 'check': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "pytest" arguments: () 
 exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `check' failed after 10.6 seconds
command "pytest" failed with status 1
build process 10 exited with status 256
builder for 
`/gnu/store/c4x1xfw1k6df68xgypfjj1x6nf1phx67-python-resolvelib-0.7.1.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of 
/gnu/store/c4x1xfw1k6df68xgypfjj1x6nf1phx67-python-resolvelib-0.7.1.drv 
failed
View build log at 
'/var/log/guix/drvs/c4/x1xfw1k6df68xgypfjj1x6nf1phx67-python-resolvelib-0.7.1.drv.gz'.
guix shell: error: build of 
`/gnu/store/c4x1xfw1k6df68xgypfjj1x6nf1phx67-python-resolvelib-0.7.1.drv' 
failed

--
- Apoorv Singh
- Sent from Emacs.