Subject: bug#75393: closed (python-trio-websocket 0.9.2 failed to build)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2025 09:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75393: python-trio-websocket 0.9.2 failed to build

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75393: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75393
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: python-trio-websocket 0.9.2 failed to build
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2025 10:21:07 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The missing inputs have been added with commit
2c9c2ab3bd9d77c53aca87eddfc0a27be6c44b52.  This fixed the immediate
issue, but the tests were failing.  So I upgraded to 0.11.1 in
af07f6bfe94bb3dac1f46533e586d4186d7e59b6, hoping it would fix this (as
trio had been updated some time ago).  Alas, it did not fix the test
failures, so I also disabled the small number of failing tests in that
commit.

The same failure can be seen on the python-team branch, where we
upgraded python-pytest-trio, so it's not due to a version mismatch.

-- 
Ricardo

Subject: python-trio-websocket 0.9.2 failed to build
From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2025 00:30:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There’s a build failure. The package is required for streamlink.

Relevant part of the log:

starting phase `build'
Using 'setuptools.build_meta' to build wheels, auto-detected '#f', override '#f'.
Prepending '[]' to sys.path, auto-detected '#f', override '#f'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
  File "/gnu/store/jjcka1g6sk2cvwx8nm4fdwpdq3vll0v0-python-3.10.7/lib/python3.10/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 992, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1004, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'setuptools'
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:

Best wishes,
Arne
-- 
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein,
ohne es zu merken.
draketo.de