Subject: bug#7539: 23.2.90; smie.el uses stuff not available in emacs-23

From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 20:18:39 +0100

On 2010-12-03 19:55 +0100, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> Indeed blink-matching-check-function and blink-matching-check-mismatch
>> only exist in the trunk, not in emacs-23.
>
> If it is just setting up support code for a feature not present in
> emacs-23, then this is not a problem, because if the feature isn't
> present, the code won't be called.

I presume that's the case here, since blink-matching-check-mismatch is
only used in the smie-blink-matching-check function which in turn is
used as a local variable for blink-matching-check-function.  So there's
probably not a problem.

Then again, I don't quite understand why smie.el was added to emacs-23
at all, it does not have seem to have any users there (as opposed to the
trunk where several programming modes use it already).

Regards,
        Sven