Subject: bug#75369: Guix "'download' built-in builder" test fails on aarch64-linux

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2025 17:26:22 -0800

I’m running Guix System in a VM on arm64 hardware, using a system 
image created from another VM.  I’m unable to `guix system 
reconfigure' in the VM, because it needs to build guix[1], and the 
"'download' built-in builder" test is failing.  The guix package 
must be built, because substitutes for it are unavailable, because 
QA is several days behind for aarch64-linux.  I get the same 
failure whether I `guix system reconfigure' or `guix build guix':

    test-name: 'download' built-in builder
    location: 
    /tmp/guix-build-guix-1.4.0-31.121e96d.drv-0/source/tests/derivations.scm:214
    source:
    + (test-assert
    +   "'download' built-in builder"
    +   (let ((text (random-text)))
    +     (with-http-server
    +       `((200 ,text))
    +       (let* ((drv (derivation
    +                    @ build-log 8777 4096
     %store
    +                     "world"
    +                     "builtin:download"
    +                     '()
    +                     #:env-vars
    +                     `(("url" unquote (object->string 
    (%local-url))))
    +                     #:hash-algo
    +                     @ build-started 
    /tmp/guix-tests/store/6bd3c8z6s73fa5wxi4kx7i13lhg1s0sh-world.drv 
    - aarch64-linux 
    /tmp/guix-tests/var/log/guix/drvs/6b//d3c8z6s73fa5wxi4kx7i13lhg1s0sh-world.drv.gz 
    8351

    Starting download of 
    /tmp/guix-tests/store/wfqihnyg4blv55srrawgfqgskzh5d14y-world
    From http://localhost:39573/foo/bar...
     bar  13B                              82KiB/s 00:00 
     ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
    sha256 hash mismatch for 
    /tmp/guix-tests/store/wfqihnyg4blv55srrawgfqgskzh5d14y-world:
      expected hash: 
      0q1ppk4vj7n23020gywgdd36xa56a0q0i2z61cg938hzblnxxbmn
      actual hash: 
      0a7pd3rizm1qb3kz1ad1wzrijrhwsnq3lj7qprc86zp6a6r5drk8
    hash mismatch for store item 
    '/tmp/guix-tests/store/wfqihnyg4blv55srrawgfqgskzh5d14y-world'
    build of 
    /tmp/guix-tests/store/6bd3c8z6s73fa5wxi4kx7i13lhg1s0sh-world.drv 
    failed
    Could not find build log for 
    '/tmp/guix-tests/store/6bd3c8z6s73fa5wxi4kx7i13lhg1s0sh-world.drv'.
    guix system: error: open-file: No such file or directory: 
    "/tmp/guix-tests/store/m15i0pry4qm4y0xy5zhshi844lp44k6m-will-never-be-found.drv"

I’m experiencing this with Guix current as of today:

    Generation 1	Jan 04 2025 15:35:01	(current)
      guix 66df329
        repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
        branch: master
        commit: 66df3296c4a8012c745c792cd95edfe2aad81031

The test haven’t been modified for months, so I’m not sure what 
the issue is.

  -- Ian