Subject: bug#75366: [PATCH] Improve the doc of key-valid-p

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2025 22:49:37 +0200

> From: Hong Xu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat,  4 Jan 2025 12:37:53 -0800
> 
> * lisp/keymap.el (key-valid-p): Add an function key example.  Mention
> <left> as a cursor control key instead of a function key.  Rename
> some "characters" to "key strokes" to be consistent with the terminology
> in the first paragraph.  Briefly explain what an event may be.

Thanks, but the changes you suggest to make are not really correct or
at least inaccurate (with the exception of adding "<f6>").  For
example, saying that "event may be a key stroke or a menu item" is
inaccurate, because <mouse-1> is neither and so is <sigusr1>.

What is wrong with the current text that you think it needs these
changes?

> -These are the characters that have special shorthand syntax:
> +These key strokes have special shorthand syntax:
>  NUL, RET, TAB, LFD, ESC, SPC, DEL.

They are all characters, not key strokes.