Subject: bug#75362: closed (Re: bug#75362: 29.4; go-ts-mode.el: wrong indentation inside var list)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2025 06:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75362: 29.4; go-ts-mode.el: wrong indentation inside var list

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75362: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75362
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75362: 29.4; go-ts-mode.el: wrong indentation inside var list
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: Roi Martin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2025 22:35:35 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> On Jan 4, 2025, at 7:40 AM, Roi Martin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> When using the Go tree-sitter grammar v0.23.4 from
> https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-go.git, indentation inside
> var lists does not work correctly.
> 
> For instance, the following code is indented as:
> 
> ```
> var (
> one = 1
> )
> ```
> 
> Instead of:
> 
> ```
> var (
>        one = 1
> )
> ```
> 
> Just in case it can help, I think this stopped working with grammar
> version `v0.21.1`, that introduced `var_spec_list`:
> 
> https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-go/compare/v0.21.0...v0.21.1
> 
> Please, take it with a pinch of salt because I'm not very familiar with
> tree-sitter.

Thanks Roi, and especially thanks for finding the change in grammar!

The good news is, I just checked and it’s fixed in Emacs 30. Before then, something like this should fix it for you:

(add-hook 'go-ts-mode-hook #'fix-go-ts-mode-indentation)
(defun fix-go-ts-mode-indentation ()
  (setf (alist-get 'go treesit-simple-indent-rules)
        (append (alist-get 'go treesit-simple-indent-rules)
                '(((parent-is "var_spec_list") parent-bol go-ts-mode-indent-offset)))))

Yuan

Subject: 29.4; go-ts-mode.el: wrong indentation inside var list
From: Roi Martin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2025 16:40:18 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When using the Go tree-sitter grammar v0.23.4 from
https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-go.git, indentation inside
var lists does not work correctly.

For instance, the following code is indented as:

```
var (
one = 1
)
```

Instead of:

```
var (
        one = 1
)
```

Just in case it can help, I think this stopped working with grammar
version `v0.21.1`, that introduced `var_spec_list`:

https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-go/compare/v0.21.0...v0.21.1

Please, take it with a pinch of salt because I'm not very familiar with
tree-sitter.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-10-10 built on
 4825182c94fc4195b65c80c30f523a16
System Description: Fedora Linux 41 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --runstatedir=/run
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-cairo --with-dbus --with-gif
 --with-gpm=no --with-harfbuzz --with-jpeg --with-json --with-modules
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-pgtk --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-sqlite3 --with-tiff --with-tree-sitter --with-webp --with-xpm
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -mtls-dialect=gnu2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,-z,now
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -Wl,--build-id=sha1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-package-notes '
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig CXX=g++
 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g
 -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -mtls-dialect=gnu2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Go

Minor modes in effect:
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  denote-menu-bar-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/n/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20250103.1731/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils yank-media
markdown-mode color noutline outline time-date files-x find-dired grep
eglot external-completion array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug
backtrace find-func flymake-proc flymake thingatpt compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color imenu go-ts-mode treesit
dired-aux denote xref project ring comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra
help-mode server rx dired dired-loaddefs icomplete cus-edit pp cus-load
icons wid-edit easy-mmode clang-rename clang-include-fixer let-alist
clang-format xml denote-autoloads elfeed-autoloads forge-autoloads
closql-autoloads emacsql-autoloads geiser-chez-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-autoloads ghub-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads tmr-autoloads
transient-autoloads treepy-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads yaml-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads reformatter-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 198588 19413)
 (symbols 48 16484 6)
 (strings 32 50057 3480)
 (string-bytes 1 1645981)
 (vectors 16 31794)
 (vector-slots 8 605866 18429)
 (floats 8 196 642)
 (intervals 56 753 136)
 (buffers 984 20))