Subject: Re: bug#75355: [PATCH 1/1] Improve comment cycling in log-edit

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2025 12:27:43 +0800

Hello Jonas,

I took another look at this.  Sorry for the delay.
I don't think that we should install the patch as-is.

- I now agree with adding a default binding, but let's just rebind
  C-x C-s, like how C-x C-s in Gnus messages is rebound to save a draft?

  If the user wants to write our their log entry to a file, C-x C-w
  remains available to do that.

  I think though that we should bind log-edit-remember-comment, not
  log-edit-save-comment -- see below.

- I think the code in log-edit-buffer-comment is too Git-specific to go
  in log-edit.el.

- On the other hand, the changes to log-edit-previous-comment are more
  general, and I think we should install those.

- There is already log-edit-remember-comment.  It seems like some or all
  of your log-edit-save-comment should be integrated into
  log-edit-remember-comment.

How does this sound?

-- 
Sean Whitton