Subject: bug#75354: (29.4; eww buffer is not displayed correctly when used from bookmark-jump )

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2025 05:44:42 +0000

Ship Mints <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have workarounds that work only for the most simplistic cases.  Many
> of our bookmarks themselves contain embedded bookmarks and bookmark
> references (which are individually addressable so can be used
> separately) with window-states we need to restore in tab-bar tabs that
> they represent.

I don't really understand what your packages are doing or are intended
doing, but FWICS in bufferlo: You are using in some places
(bookmark-jump name #'ignore); why don't you do all this work (restore
window-states in tab) in DISPLAY-FUNCTION instead of using `ignore`?
Your handler would be much simpler by moving the window-state-put and
alike calls in DISPLAY-FUNCTION:

(bookmark-jump name #'your_function_restoring_window_or_frame_state)  

Using (bookmark-jump name #'ignore) with all the code that jump to
frame/tab etc... in the handler is just a workaround to fix the previous
buggy behavior of bookmark--jump-via. IMO.

It would be good to start with a good example or recipe to see if we can
find a good solution.

Thanks.

-- 
Thierry