Subject: bug#75354: closed (Re: bug#75354: (29.4; eww buffer is not displayed correctly when used from bookmark-jump ))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 16:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75354: 29.4; eww buffer is not displayed correctly when used from bookmark-jump 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75354: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75354
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75354: (29.4; eww buffer is not displayed correctly when used from bookmark-jump )
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 18:43:47 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2025 05:56:40 +0000
> 
> Find here the last patch attached.

Thanks, installed on the master branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 29.4; eww buffer is not displayed correctly when used from bookmark-jump
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2025 16:20:19 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The eww buffer is displayed in two windows whereas it should be
displayed only in other-window when used like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(require 'bookmark)
(require 'eww)
(let ((bookmark-alist '(("La langue française"
			 (location . "https://www.lalanguefrancaise.com/")
			 (handler . eww-bookmark-jump)))))
  (bookmark-jump (car bookmark-alist) #'switch-to-buffer-other-window))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It is not a bug in `bookmark-jump` but in `eww-bookmark-jump` (the eww
bookmark handler) which uses wrongly the function `eww` which itself uses
`pop-to-buffer-same-window`.  Probably a lower level function should be
used (if one?).

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2024-12-26 built on IPad-S340
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Linux Mint 21.3

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O8 --bindir=/usr/local/sbin/emacs-29.4 --with-cairo
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-modules --without-tree-sitter
 --without-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: 

Minor modes in effect:
  emms-mode-line-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  register-preview-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tv-save-place-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-top-poll-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm-ff-icon-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh nnfolder gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache helm-emms helm-ring
tramp-sh cl-print helm-ls-hg vc-hg isl vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs view smerge-mode diff helm-dabbrev cl-indent char-fold shortdoc
emacs-news-mode epa-file network-stream nsm mailalias qp epa-mail
face-remap gnus-cite smiley w3m-form w3m-symbol config-w3m w3m timezone
w3m-hist bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-fb tab-line
w3m-proc w3m-util mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check addressbook-bookmark
tv-mu4e-config advice gnus-and-mu4e mu4e-patch mu4e-contrib eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-notification notifications mu4e-main
smtpmail mu4e-view mu4e-mime-parts crm mu4e-headers mu4e-thread
mu4e-actions mu4e-compose mu4e-draft gnus-msg mu4e-search mu4e-lists
mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill hl-line mu4e-contacts
mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-context mu4e-query-items mu4e-server
mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window ido
mu4e-obsolete helm-skitour helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
debug backtrace helm-x-files helm-for-files helm-bookmark helm-info
bookmark image-file image-converter emms-config emms-idapi-browser
emms-idapi emms-idapi-musicbrainz emms-mpris emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history
emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-volume
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-native emms-info-native-spc emms-info-native-mp3
emms-info-native-ogg emms-info-native-opus emms-info-native-flac
emms-info-native-vorbis bindat emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag
emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-playing-time emms-info emms-later-do emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat emms-auto helm-external helm-net
tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp zeroconf ffap
helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher flymake-shellcheck
flymake-proc flymake project warnings sh-script smie treesit executable
make-mode org-indent org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree
generator oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view jka-compr ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-config ob-gnuplot org-crypt
org-protocol org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
org-version org-compat org-macs bug-reference cus-start naquadah-theme
solar cal-dst holidays holiday-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs server bm cl-extra imenu tv-utils
psession frameset register-preview pcase git-gutter mule-util
dired-extension time winner describe-variable help-fns radix-tree
help-mode tv-save-place.el init-helm epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
helm-epa helm-descbinds cus-edit pp icons wid-edit helm-sys
helm-adaptive helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired
image-dired-tags image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg image-mode
exif filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date
helm-buffers all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep wgrep-helm
wgrep grep compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ring helm-regexp
format-spec ansi-color helm-utils helm-help helm-types
helm-extensions-autoloads helm-autoloads helm helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro helm-core helm-source helm-multi-match
helm-lib dired-async async dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs isl-autoloads
mb-depth avoid cus-load gcmh easy-mmode all-the-icons-autoloads
bash-completion-autoloads info ledger-mode-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads w3m-load w3m-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1612641 255300)
 (symbols 48 43903 5)
 (strings 32 321582 36530)
 (string-bytes 1 9242506)
 (vectors 16 125121)
 (vector-slots 8 2615479 161054)
 (floats 8 5249 2732)
 (intervals 56 129833 3766)
 (buffers 976 196))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Thierry