Subject: bug#75348: 30.0.93; org-mode repeated tasks with file categories not working

From: Luis Henriques <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2025 11:16:44 +0000

Hi!

I'm not sure this has already been reported, but here's a bug I've been
hitting for a while and that it's easy to reproduce with emacs -Q:

If I have an org file with a category and a task that is repeated:

#+CATEGORY: work

* TODO Do something every week
DEADLINE: <2025-01-04 Sat +1w>

Doing C-c C-t (org-todo) will return an error:

org-element--get-category: Invalid function: org-element-with-disabled-cache

and the task will not be updated.  And repeating the command will not work
either, as it will change the state to DONE instead of keeping it in TODO
and update the DEADLINE.

I'm running version 30.0.93, with top commit being
0e43e35f96e5c3c10a200ebe8fe77c60e0db7c4a.  Please let me know if you need
further information.

Cheers,
-- 
Luís