Subject: Re: bug#75348: 30.0.93; org-mode repeated tasks with file categories not working

From: Luis Henriques <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2025 21:39:41 +0000

Hi Bastien,

On Thu, Jan 09 2025, Bastien wrote:

> Luis Henriques <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I'm running version 30.0.93, with top commit being
>> 0e43e35f96e5c3c10a200ebe8fe77c60e0db7c4a.  Please let me know if you need
>> further information.
>
> Is there any chance you can try to reproduce this bug with a newer
> upstream version of Org Mode, e.g. installed via GNU ELPA?
>
> See https://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html for details.

Thank you for your reply.  I was about to try it but then I found that I
couldn't reproduce the bug with a new (test) user: if I create a new user
with an empty home directory, I'm not able to reproduce it any more.  So,
I dug a bit more.

And I found out was that, if I move my '$HOME/.emacs.d/eln-cache'
directory out of the way, the issue is gone.  Which means that, even when
using 'emacs -Q', that directory is still used.  If I move my 'eln-cache'
directory back, the issue is reproducible again.

I have no idea how that directory is being used although I believe it
contains native compiled objects.  But I also have no idea how to debug
this further.  Is there a bug somewhere?  Maybe.  I'll keep my old
'eln-cache' around some time in case someone wants me to run some more
tests, but I'll just move on with a clean directory and keen an eye on
this issue.

Cheers,
-- 
Luís