Subject: bug#75327: closed (Re: bug#75327: 31.0.50; ERC 5.6.1-git: M-TAB not autocorrecting with erc-spelling module and flyspell)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2025 03:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75327: 31.0.50; ERC 5.6.1-git: M-TAB not autocorrecting with erc-spelling module and flyspell

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75327: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75327
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75327: 31.0.50; ERC 5.6.1-git: M-TAB not autocorrecting with erc-spelling module and flyspell
From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
To: Trevor Arjeski <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2025 19:33:36 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Trevor Arjeski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Looks good to me, as long as it fixes the issue I will be glad.  You
> could just remove my name from the commit, since the changes in the
> patches don't really resemble my crude fix.

Installed on master as:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=f9ecde75

Closing for now (but will reopen if problems remain).

>> P.S. Have you already (or will you) put in for a copyright assignment?
>
> I have not. Not sure if I will do it. I am content with my patches just
> being guides to help a maintainer, since I am not really familiar with
> the true inner workings of emacs or erc.

Patches of this type are helpful indeed. Thanks!

Subject: 31.0.50; ERC 5.6.1-git: M-TAB not autocorrecting with erc-spelling module and flyspell
From: Trevor Arjeski <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2025 01:10:48 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When using the erc-spelling module, pressing M-TAB to autocorrect a word
does not trigger autocorrection, but using C-. or C-; does, even when
`flyspell-use-meta-tab' is enabled.

Minimal config:

(use-package erc
  :config
  (setopt erc-modules '(spelling))
  (erc-spelling-mode))

1. Open an erc buffer
2. Type 'thier' and hit M-TAB
3. Notice it passes through to ispell - perhaps due to the command
passthrough in `flyspell-auto-correct-word'.

Setting `flyspell-generic-check-word-predicate' to nil in the erc buffer
resolves the issue, but we lose verification that is done in
`erc-spelling-flyspell-verify'.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.2) of 2024-12-31 built on trevarch
Repository revision: 2f1052d9b0de551dc3a463ed54e21c63517497ab
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101015
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer -Wno-implicit-function-declaration -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/home/trev/Workspace/emacs-git/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs-git
 -flto=auto' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ERC

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-nicks-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  erc-imenu-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button--phantom-users-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  envrc-global-mode: t
  envrc-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  global-treesit-auto-mode: t
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-global-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d//lisp/aoc hides /home/trev/.emacs.d/elpa/aoc-1.0.0/aoc
~/.emacs.d//lisp/launch-program hides /home/trev/.emacs.d/elpa/launch-program-1.0.0/launch-program
~/.emacs.d//lisp/my-secrets hides /home/trev/.emacs.d/elpa/my-secrets-1.0.0/my-secrets
/home/trev/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20241201.1616/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine misearch multi-isearch pulse
bug-reference eglot external-completion jsonrpc flymake ert pcase
c++-ts-mode c-ts-mode c-ts-common xref undo-fu shortdoc project consult
bookmark ace-window avy jka-compr comp comp-cstr warnings comp-run
comp-common thingatpt helpful cc-langs cc-vars cc-defs trace cl-print
edebug debug backtrace info-look find-func f help-fns radix-tree
elisp-refs s orderless cape-char cape network-stream nsm erc-track
erc-spelling flyspell ispell erc-ring erc-nicks erc-netsplit erc-menu
erc-match erc-list erc-goodies erc-imenu imenu erc-pcomplete pcomplete
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-join my-secrets cus-start epa-file erc
format-spec erc-backend erc-networks erc-common erc-compat erc-loaddefs
mule-util rainbow-mode envrc diff-hl-flydiff diff diff-hl log-view
log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader add-log pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc vc-git diff-mode
track-changes files-x vc-dispatcher paredit display-line-numbers rx
ligature rainbow-delimiters format-all language-id inheritenv init gnus
nnheader gnus-util time-date mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
cus-edit pp ws-butler treesit-auto treesit corfu-popupinfo corfu
marginalia savehist vertico compat autoinsert grep compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring cus-load finder-inf
undo-fu-session which-key diminish edmacro kmacro elec-pair autorevert
filenotify desktop frameset recentf tree-widget wid-edit saveplace
nord-theme autothemer color lisp-mnt dash use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode package browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt url-vars cl-macs gv
cl-extra help-mode cl-seq use-package-core cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp
byte-compile info 2048-game-autoloads ace-window-autoloads aoc-autoloads
autothemer-autoloads avy-autoloads cape-autoloads consult-autoloads
corfu-autoloads debbugs-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads diminish-autoloads
elfeed-autoloads envrc-autoloads format-all-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-autoloads git-modes-autoloads
heap-autoloads helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads f-autoloads
ht-autoloads inheritenv-autoloads language-id-autoloads
launch-program-autoloads leetcode-autoloads aio-autoloads
ligature-autoloads log4e-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads memoize-autoloads my-secrets-autoloads
nerd-icons-dired-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads orderless-autoloads
paredit-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
request-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads sly-autoloads
transient-autoloads treesit-auto-autoloads undo-fu-autoloads
undo-fu-session-autoloads vertico-autoloads vterm-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads ws-butler-autoloads early-init rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process tty-child-frames native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 712889 485226) (symbols 48 29999 54) (strings 32 127367 16380)
 (string-bytes 1 4530868) (vectors 16 60916) (vector-slots 8 1489370 389695)
 (floats 8 497 1213) (intervals 56 25972 6388) (buffers 992 41))