Subject: bug#75320: deploy: system-error "kexec-load-file" "~A" ("Invalid argument") (22)

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2025 17:00:13 +0100

Hello,

when I try to deploy my system, I see the following warning:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/w8cxahgkf6xkial3pnmv4hlpqybf5bad-kexec-load-system.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/7zaprr6p1w6w3bjg00ai3s0f247a7gax-remote-exp.scm.drv
building /gnu/store/w8cxahgkf6xkial3pnmv4hlpqybf5bad-kexec-load-system.scm.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/w8cxahgkf6xkial3pnmv4hlpqybf5bad-kexec-load-system.scm.drv
building /gnu/store/7zaprr6p1w6w3bjg00ai3s0f247a7gax-remote-exp.scm.drv...
successfully built /gnu/store/7zaprr6p1w6w3bjg00ai3s0f247a7gax-remote-exp.scm.drv
guix deploy: sending 2 store items (0 MiB) to '127.0.0.1'...
guix deploy: warning: failed to load system of '127.0.0.1' for kexec reboot:
system-error "kexec-load-file" "~A" ("Invalid argument") (22)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This is run with `-v 99'.  I am unsure how to debug this further,
nothing useful is printed anywhere I can see.

It is just a warning, the deploy seems to succeed, but

1. There is no --no-kexec for guix-deploy, so I am unsure how to
suppress the warning.

2. It would obviously be better if it worked, so I would not need to
suppress the warning.

Any ideas?

Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.