Subject: bug#7532: 23.2; flymake (php) error

From: "Jochen T." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:49:54 +0100

recipe:
emacs 23.2.1 for windows (win7)
php 5.3.1 (cli)
open a php-file in emacs with no errors. (for example: <?php echo
'hello World';)
start flymake-mode
--> error messages

error messages that occur:
error in process filter: string-match: Wrong type argument: listp, absoft
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: listp, absoft

problem:
flymake-err-line-patterns is a list of
(regexp file-idx line-idx col-idx err-text-idx)
and gets compilation-error-regexp-alist appended, which (in 23.2.1) is a
list of
softwarename
which does not match the pattern of flymake-err-line-patterns

this is a problem because php 5.3.1 cli echos "No syntax errors detected in
[filename]" which does not match any of the proper patterns (because
it's not even an error) but will finally meet "absoft", the first
softwarename in compilation-error-regexp-alist.

my temporary solution:
commenting out compilation-error-regexp-alist (unsatisfying solution)

I already posted a bug report on flymakes sourceforge page
(https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=77501&atid=550421 - id
3125528), but I don't expect it to get edited there. And this bug got
introduced by a new emacs version, which includes flymake but changed
the underlying variable

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/xpm/include'

Major mode: PHP
Minor modes in effect:
  flymake-mode: t

Open c:/Users/Jump/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/flymake.el
error in process filter: string-match: Wrong type argument: listp, absoft
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: listp, absoft