Subject: Re: bug#75305: 31.0.50; gnus-refer-thread-use-search isn't exact enough about how the current group is searched

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2025 08:07:19 +0200

> From: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Björn Bidar <[email-masked]>,
>   <[email-masked]>,
>   <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2025 11:48:03 +0800
> 
> >>>>> "EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>     EZ> Ping! Can we please make some progress here?
> 
> All set to commit, I think. I have been running with the following in my
> personal tree for the past few weeks without issue. If no objections we
> can commit.

A few minor comments below.

> +If this variable is @code{t}, and the server to which the current group
> +belongs has an associated search engine, then this server is searched.
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Passive voice alert!

> +This variable may also be a list of servers and groups to search. Each
                                                                   ^^
Two spaces between sentences, please.

> +element of the list is of the form @code{(@var{server} @var{group1}
> +@var{group2}@dots{})},             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Such long forms are best enclosed in @w{..}, so that they will not be
broken between two lines.

> +Only the current group is searched by default.  A non-numeric prefix arg
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Passive voice alert again.

Thanks.