Subject: describe-function etc. should remember locations from $HOME too

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:05:04 +0800

We do
(describe-function (quote gnus-summary-w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images))
and see
    gnus-summary-w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images is an interactive compiled
    Lisp function.

    (gnus-summary-w3m-safe-toggle-inline-images &optional ARG)

    Toggle displaying of all images in the article buffer.
              If the prefix arg is given, force displaying of images.

    [back]

And wonder "why does it usually say what file it is in, but not today?"

Well that is because it was in
~/.emacs-w3m.elc
~/.emacs-w3m

Therefore, when these files are initially scanned, they should be
remembered, just like all the other .el's and .elc's are. Why make an
exception for those few that are in $HOME? Same with describe-variable,
and any file read at any time.

And if an item really was from just doing a ^X^E etc. and not from any
file, the describe-* commands should mention that too! Thanks.

emacs-version "24.0.50.1"