Subject: Re: bug#753: [Fwd: sh-script.el: indentation of ( )]

From: Andrew Hyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 15:55:32 -0500

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andrew Hyatt wrote:
>
>> I can't reproduce the original bug on Emacs 25.  Can anyone reproduce
>> it?  If not, or I don't hear anything in a few weeks, I'll close this.
>
> The remaining issue was not with the original recipe, it was with the
> related stuff that was discussed later. You might like to check if any
> of it is still relevant.

There is a problem, but it seems fairly minor, and arguably not a bug -
if you use a case identifier that's also a keyword, it doesn't behave
correctly.  That has a trivial workaround - just wrap the keyword in
quotes.  I think to some extent, modes having issues with keywords
acting as identifiers or variables is pretty normal - at least hard to
fix without real semantic parsing.

I'm going to close this bug, and if anyone feels like there's still an
issue worth fixing here, please open a new bug.

Thanks for the response!