Subject: bug#75298: GUD doesn't let me answer debuginfod query

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 14:04:56 -0500

I'd expect to be able to answer the debuginfod query in the affirmative
in the GUD session below, but nothing I put into the buffer seems
acceptable to GDB.

Current directory is /home/dancol/edev/debug/
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 15.1-1ubuntu2) 15.1
Copyright (C) 2024 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from /home/dancol/.cache/rr/emacs-5/mmap_clone_5_emacs...
Really redefine built-in command "restart"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Really redefine built-in command "jump"? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Remote debugging using 127.0.0.1:31571
Reading symbols from /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2...
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug/.build-id/b3/3a9ce38781b940e741fd85448861a71ff2297b.debug...
warning: BFD: warning: system-supplied DSO at 0x6fffd000 has a section extending past end of file

This GDB supports auto-downloading debuginfo from the following URLs:
  <https://debuginfod.ubuntu.com>
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) y
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) y
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) [y]
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) y
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) yes
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) y
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) y
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) y
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) Y
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n]) eat flaming death
Please answer y or [n].
Enable debuginfod for this session? (y or [n])