Subject: Re: bug#75298: GUD doesn't let me answer debuginfod query

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 17:28:51 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 14:04:56 -0500
>> 
>> I'd expect to be able to answer the debuginfod query in the affirmative
>> in the GUD session below, but nothing I put into the buffer seems
>> acceptable to GDB.
>
> Which command did you use: "M-x gdb" or "M-x gud-gdb"?

The former.  The latter works fine, but doesn't integrate into Emacs.

> The former is supposed to allow you to answer the question, at least
> in Emacs 30 (you didn't say which Emacs version you used).

I'm using master.

> The latter
> doesn't ask me that question at all.  So I'm unsure what happens in
> your case.  In case this is GDB-version dependent: I tried with GDB
> version 12.1.

debuginfod isn't enabled in all environments, so you might not get the question.
I'm using GDB 15.1.