Subject: bug#75292: 31.0.50; igc: (file-error "Doing vfork" "Bad address")

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2025 19:51:54 +0000

"Eli Zaretskii" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2025 18:24:47 +0000
>> From:  Pip Cet via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>>
>> The most likely candidate right now is make_environment_block, which
>> happily stuffs string data pointers into an xmalloc'd block and goes
>> about its merry way without letting GC know about them.   I think it
>> would cause the problem you observed, but haven't managed to reproduce
>> it yet.  If I manage to do so, I'll push a fix.
>
> Please be sure to show the patch before you push, and please explain
> the problem you found and the fix.

Sorry, didn't see this in time.  Reverted for now.

> This is a delicate area, so we must discuss any changes before they
> are installed.

Okay.

Pip