Subject: [bug#75286] [PATCH v3] gnu: Add tetgen.

From: Lars Bilke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2025 15:11:41 +0100

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your patch!

On 5 Feb 2025, at 15:08, Andreas Enge wrote:

> I am attaching a corresponding patch; unfortunately, there is no install
> target, so I copy the binary "by hand" to bin/. And there is an
> installed file etc/ld.so.cache, of which I do not know where it comes
> from and which phase puts it into the output; it is surely superfluous?

Yes, the ld cache is not required for the binary.

> What do you think? I see that your email address is @ufz.de and that the
> github origin you provide belongs to ufz, so maybe you maintain a fork?
> But if you need one, maybe this should be mentioned somewhere and/or
> reflected in the package name?

I am perfectly fine to merge this patch v3.

We relied on tetgen (the library) in the past and made some fixes in the build system on that fork. But this is not required for us anymore and our fork is not maintained anymore.

So building this with the original source as you did is better.

Thanks a lot!
Lars