Subject: [bug#75274] [PATCH v3] gnu: bc: Update to 1.08.2.

From: Eric Bavier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2025 17:12:08 +0000

Hi Andy,

On 5/26/25 17:33, Andy Tai wrote:
> * gnu/packages/algebra.scm (bc): Update to 1.08.2.
>    [source](origin): Remove patch.
> * gnu/packages/patches/bc-fix-cross-compilation.patch: Delete.
> * gnu/local.mk: Unregister deleted file.
>
> Change-Id: Iada592d2deeeec91f875306a0fb6f8c4056ccfad
> ---
>   gnu/local.mk                                  |   1 -
>   gnu/packages/algebra.scm                      |   9 +-
>   .../patches/bc-fix-cross-compilation.patch    | 189 ------------------
>   3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 195 deletions(-)
>   delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/bc-fix-cross-compilation.patch
Thanks for the patch.  I've checked this doesn't introduce any 
regressions (package itself builds for x86_64, i686, and aarch64, as 
well as x86_64 dependents that don't already FTBFS), and it's nice to be 
able to drop the cross-build patch.

We have about 3,500 packages that depend on bc, including several web 
browsers, so we'll probably need to find a suitable staging branch to 
apply this patch to.

`~Eric