Subject: 24.0.50; (org) `Activation node' (minor suggestions)

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 11:36:23 -0800

Minor suggestions - no bug.
 
1. No need to tell users to turn on font-lock - it's on by default now
(for GNU Emacs at least).
 
2. Likewise transient-mark mode.
 
3. Maybe be a little softer with the key-binding suggestions.  "Add the
following lines to your `.emacs' file" and "The following lines are
always needed" are a bit heavy, even though the text clarifies that
these are only suggested bindings ("please choose suitable keys
yourself", "Choose your own keys").  Many users might just copy & paste
without reading carefully.  It would probably be enough to advise users
to bind those two commands to keys of their choosing, or to just say 
"Suggested key bindings: ...".

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-11-30 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'