Subject: [bug#75249] [PATCH 01/71] gnu: Add asdf-build-system/clasp.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 21:02:54 +0100

Am Freitag, dem 14.02.2025 um 18:50 +0000 schrieb jgart:
> Thanks Guillaume,
> 
> I can open a new ticket to add just asdf-build-system/clasp. 
> 
> Do we agree that we should not change the implementation of asdf-
> build-system and instead change the current clasp package name in
> Guix?
> 
> I am Cc'ing Liliana since I think Liliana packaged clasp originally
> IIRC. What do you think, Liliana?
Now, I doubt that there are many *direct* users of clasp, given that
clingo exists and has a nicer interface, but I'd still prefer to
deprecate it properly (i.e. making "clasp" point to "potassco-clasp"
for the time being).

IIUC, some of the options we have are

1. handling 'clasp-cl' in some special way in asdf-build-system
2. make 'clasp' a public binding in lisp.scm, 
   but naming the package itself clasp-cl (i.e. "clasp" would         
just point to a separate clasp-cl package so that asdf-build-system
   is happy), allowing the two definitions to clash if someone happens
   to import both modules
3. Add a "clasp-cl" symlink to the clasp-cl package, pointing to its
   clasp binary.

WDYT, are any of these reasonable?