Subject: Re: [bug#75246] Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2025 21:56:39 +0100

> build farms to successfully complete the evaluations.  I'd like to merge
> this all on Monday if the build farms cooperate.

https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/python-team sadly doesn't show *anything*
other than "Information unavailable", but ci.guix.gnu.org is happy.  The
dashboard looks much greener than what we currently have for "master",
so I'm feeling good about merging this.

Commit 69d657f9c4ffa59d708356baacbefafb58f09308 is now the tip of the
"master" branch.  The "python-team" branch has been merged.

> ...and then I'd like to start a new shortlived python-team branch with
> an upgrade from Python 3.10 to 3.11.

I see that we have Python 3.12, but let's please target 3.11 first.
It's a small step up from 3.10, and we already know of packages that
won't work with 3.12.  Let's keep the next iteration of this branch
simple, please.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this branch!

-- 
Ricardo