Subject: [bug#75246] Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 22:22:33 +0100

> Do you have a list of packages which you would like to fix/update before
> merge?

I don't have a list, but I have some ongoing work that I'd like to
complete first.  I'm afraid one of the fixes will cause yet another
world rebuild, but it's best to get it over with now than to introduce
more workarounds.

> I try to fix the build of python-stcal which was affected by numpy
> upgrade, have no solution yet.

I have these things still going on before I would be comfortable with a
merge:

- python-pysnptools (almost done, with lots of Rust)
- python-modin (tests don't work yet)
- python-pynetdicom (lots of tests fail)
- python-asyncua (freezes)

In guix-science I'd like to fix python-tensorflow, but that seems to be
a small problem only -- we could relax requirements there, because it
complains about a patch-level mismatch in the numpy version.

(I noticed this time around that quite a few builds have a failing test suite
only when run on my laptop with more than 4 cores.  botocore is one of
them.  A bit strange.)

-- 
Ricardo