Subject: Last minute python-team fixes: help needed!

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2025 14:10:11 +0100

Hi,

I've spent the last weeks whipping the python-team branch into shape,
but I'm running out of steam.  There are still a number of failures, and
I'm about to lose motivation to continue fixing the remaining build
failures.

Here are some of the failures that may be of interest:

  ansible
  python-libcst (needs rust)
  python-pandas 1.5
  python-pytorch 2.0.1
  python-django-q
  python-pyodbc-c (3.1.5 fails with: undefined symbol: PyUnicode_GetMax)
  python-agate (whole wireservice module needs upgrades)

I won't be working on these packages.  Instead I'll focus on preparing
the guix-science channel for the merge.  Please view the dashboard for
the latest evaluation of python-team at
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/python-team to see if you could
contribute fixes for the remaining failures.  Thanks!

The "python-team" branch has just been rebased on top of "master".  It
will soon be merged --- even with the above failures --- to avoid
falling into our old habits of delaying merges and encouraging the
proliferation of increasingly divergent fixes across several branches.
It is next in line after "libgcrypt-gpg-update"
(https://issues.guix.gnu.org/75180).

(If you find yourself in Cc, you are listed as a member of the python
team.  If you consider this to be outdated, please submit a change to
etc/teams.scm.)

-- 
Ricardo