Subject: Re: Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2025 13:22:47 +0100

Hi Lars,

>> The python-team branch is currently tracking the rust-team branch,
>> because it depends on changes there.  It is shaping up nicely and we
>> hope to be able to merge it some time soon.
>
> I recall you wanted to keep python-team small, but do you mind if I
> push https://issues.guix.gnu.org/74993 there (it’s a small, but
> world-rebuilding change)?

Looks fine to me.  Would this fix the build failure we see in
python-fastapi-pagination-minimal, which seems to be due to a parse
error?

I know I said I wanted to merge this branch quickly and keep the changes
restricted to important fixes, but it turned out that many of the
required fixes are wide-ranging anyway.  I had to upgrade a lot of
packages that led to thousands of rebuilds.  At this point I'd still
like to keep *experimental* changes out, but almost all other
improvements are welcome.

Thank you!

-- 
Ricardo