Subject: Re: Packaging ghostty terminal

From: "Frank J. Cameron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2025 23:10:09 +0000

Murilo wrote on 1 Jan 14:44 +0100
> Fortunately I've already went through the trouble and packaged it on my channel
> a couple days ago so you can use it right away :)

Thanks for the package; I can confirm it built successfully for me as well.

So, I took your code and munged it with the version I had been working on. My
new version doesn't actually work :-) but, I posted it on the off chance that
someone would find it interesting.

https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/4792310

I was trying to handle the zig system pkgdir by defining a package for each
module that could simply be added as build-inputs:

    (native-inputs (list [...]
      zig-pkgdir-breakpad-6dc2a1ea         zig-pkgdir-cimgui-1f40c122
      zig-pkgdir-fontconfig-a4fcb3b7       zig-pkgdir-freetype-2adf969d
      zig-pkgdir-glfw-98a7272d             zig-pkgdir-glslang-9dd23ba1
      zig-pkgdir-harfbuzz-d1063122         zig-pkgdir-highway-8cbe165b
      zig-pkgdir-imgui-8bfc6402            zig-pkgdir-iterm2_themes-f0498620
      zig-pkgdir-libpng-723b1c66           zig-pkgdir-libxev-02078bbf
      zig-pkgdir-libxml2-65a64f7d          zig-pkgdir-mach_glfw-37696a62
      zig-pkgdir-oniguruma-cd9706bb        zig-pkgdir-sentry-37a9c77e
      zig-pkgdir-spirv_cross-2748c8da      zig-pkgdir-utfcpp-a931e641
      zig-pkgdir-vaxis-c6e4c087            zig-pkgdir-vaxis-c8c91d2f
      zig-pkgdir-vulkan_headers-894fa2cf   zig-pkgdir-wayland_headers-da2c11ca
      zig-pkgdir-wuffs-de700462            zig-pkgdir-x11_headers-57b36465
      zig-pkgdir-xcode_frameworks-d67d19cb zig-pkgdir-z2d-06b5416a
      zig-pkgdir-zf-b5dd35e8               zig-pkgdir-zg-984c6e40
      zig-pkgdir-zigimg-1be35cf5           zig-pkgdir-zig_js-f4f6fefc
      zig-pkgdir-ziglyph-6a02cf25          zig-pkgdir-zig_objc-4415c634
      zig-pkgdir-zlib-66742efb))

It does look like it populates the pkgdir successfully (with symlinks into the
store) and starts building but fails:

error: sub-compilation of libcxx failed
    /gnu/store/...-zig-pkgdir-xcode_frameworks-.../include/i386/_types.h:48:33: note: typedef redefinition with different types ('long long' vs 'long')
    [...]
    /gnu/store/...-glibc-2.39/include/bits/types.h:44:25: note: previous definition is here
    [...]
Build Summary: 78/81 steps succeeded; 1 failed (disable with --summary none)