Subject: Re: [bug#75220] [PATCH v4] gnu: fltk: Update to 1.3.1 and add 1.4.1 as fltk-next.

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2025 10:54:28 +0800

Andy Tai <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi, I do not feel comfortable just moving fltk to the new version.
> The fact that the fltk maintainers made 1.3.11 release available and
> do not just say moving to 1.4.x means there is some incompatibility
> between 1.3 and 1.4.  I think the safe way is to make fltk 1.3.11 the
> current fltk and the packages can move to 1.4 when they get updated
> and the upgrade patch author tests the new versions of packages build
> with 1.4

Ok, then I'll merge the patch later, thank you!

>
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2025 at 9:50 PM Andy Tai <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, how can I build thee 20 packages?   fltk seems to have more than
>> 100 dependent packages; any command to let me build just these 20
>> direct dependents would be great!

Well, I find direct dependent (has fltk as a input) packages use grep.
It seems you can also exclude all 'r-*' packages from 'guix refresh -l
fltk', since they are all indirect depend on fltk through octave.