Subject: Re: [bug#75220] [PATCH v4] gnu: fltk: Update to 1.3.1 and add 1.4.1 as fltk-next.

From: Andy Tai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2025 13:00:53 -0800

Hi, I do not feel comfortable just moving fltk to the new version.
The fact that the fltk maintainers made 1.3.11 release available and
do not just say moving to 1.4.x means there is some incompatibility
between 1.3 and 1.4.  I think the safe way is to make fltk 1.3.11 the
current fltk and the packages can move to 1.4 when they get updated
and the upgrade patch author tests the new versions of packages build
with 1.4

On Wed, Feb 12, 2025 at 9:50 PM Andy Tai <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi, how can I build thee 20 packages?   fltk seems to have more than
> 100 dependent packages; any command to let me build just these 20
> direct dependents would be great!
>
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2025 at 12:36 AM 宋文武 <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > As it clams that FLTK 1.4 is intended to be mostly API compatible with
> > FLTK 1.3.x, maybe we can just update default fltk to 1.4, and use
> > fltk-1.3 for some incomptible packages?  There are total about 20
> > packages using fltk, would you like give it a try?

-- 
Andy Tai, [email-masked], Skype: licheng.tai, Line: andy_tai, WeChat: andytai1010
Year 2025 民國114年
自動的精神力是信仰與覺悟
自動的行為力是勞動與技能