Subject: guix system: error: kexec-load-file: Operation not permitted

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2024 22:46:42 +0100

When reconfiguring my operating system, I get the following error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

+radio at buer in ~ > doas guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
doas (radio@buer) password:
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 
'https://cuirass.genenetwork.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 
'https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/gpgidycn6iqibpm5d4gqpccx36gikzp4-activate.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/hhfpb5rvdx73n5xh9cgg92q95qsmjd2j-boot.drv
   /gnu/store/cfkdiv8kbhbhp1vmalyjlk750sfm42qg-system.drv
   /gnu/store/p6nscrc2cc3mwnhrfvkbdixscnm55rsy-grub.cfg.drv

building /gnu/store/gpgidycn6iqibpm5d4gqpccx36gikzp4-activate.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/hhfpb5rvdx73n5xh9cgg92q95qsmjd2j-boot.drv...
building /gnu/store/cfkdiv8kbhbhp1vmalyjlk750sfm42qg-system.drv...
building /gnu/store/p6nscrc2cc3mwnhrfvkbdixscnm55rsy-grub.cfg.drv...
/gnu/store/sj8ksg08h6rpz14yzziw3zc02209wahh-system
/gnu/store/ygkrh1f41ah22w6wqb1fy61jqfqr82q2-grub.cfg

activating system...
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/v88w3pra689n0f6x7k0hd7rvl4m6wabg-switch-to-system.scm.drv

building 
/gnu/store/v88w3pra689n0f6x7k0hd7rvl4m6wabg-switch-to-system.scm.drv...
making '/var/guix/profiles/system-68-link' the current system...
populating /etc from /gnu/store/hymmplcxccljvv74vlqnwxi19ix3jdl9-etc...
setting up privileged programs in '/run/privileged/bin'...
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/58rilp10qzrf4k7b7avgsziwgmrc2h7r-install-bootloader.scm.drv

building 
/gnu/store/58rilp10qzrf4k7b7avgsziwgmrc2h7r-install-bootloader.scm.drv...
guix system: bootloader successfully installed on 
'(/dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x50026b7785a0a591)'
shepherd: Starting service host-name...
shepherd: Service host-name started.
shepherd: Service host-name running with value "buer".
shepherd: Service host-name has been started.
shepherd: Starting service user-homes...
shepherd: Service user-homes has been started.
shepherd: Starting service kernel-module-loader...
shepherd: Service kernel-module-loader has been started.
shepherd: Starting service sysctl...
shepherd: Service sysctl has been started.
To complete the upgrade, run 'herd restart SERVICE' to stop,
upgrade, and restart each service that was not automatically restarted.
Run 'herd status' to view the list of services on your system.
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/d4pxrvn1kyh5rf11dpnbaj4q85zq9kgg-kexec-load-system.scm.drv

building 
/gnu/store/d4pxrvn1kyh5rf11dpnbaj4q85zq9kgg-kexec-load-system.scm.drv...
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'
guix system: error: kexec-load-file: Operation not permitted

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

As my system configuration is pretty complex, I'm still trying to come 
with a reproducer, while that, here are some relevant information:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+radio at buer in ~ > guix describe
Generation 32    Dec 29 2024 14:03:41    (current)
   guix 83e4239
     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: 83e4239c526953a3a1d7e296bcfc9a0b56d7965c
   radix fc5f9a8
     repository URL: https://codeberg.org/anemofilia/radix.git
     branch: main
     commit: fc5f9a8480d1c7d5538fdf453ea26693f0c20252

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

My current system configuration can be found here: 
https://codeberg.org/anemofilia/zero/src/commit/c19bb0ca82e16be3d63530fdbb500796e7866997/operating-systems/buer.scm

Thanks in advance.