Subject: bug#75209: 30.0.93; Emacs reader failed to read data in "/home/nlj/.cache/org-persist/gc-lock.eld"

From: "N. Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2025 14:18:14 +0000

The following might be "normal", in which case I apologise for the
noise, but it seems odd to me and it might have some bearing on the
bug.

Running list-timers shows:

Idle                Next  Repeat Function
       -1d 15h 43m 30.2s      1h org-persist--refresh-gc-lock
               2.4s           1m battery-update-handler
               2.4s           5m savehist-autosave
               4.2s            - undo-auto--boundary-timer
              50.1s           1m display-time-event-handler
   *           0.1s            t show-paren-function
   *           0.5s            t #<subr F616e6f6e796d6f75732d6c616d626461_anonymous_lambda_9>
   *           0.5s      :repeat blink-cursor-start
   *          30.0s            - desktop-auto-save

I see nothing in the manuals about what it means for a
relative timer to be negative.  (Or is org-persist--refresh-gc-lock
running on a timer set with an absolute time that list-timers is
merely displaying as a relative time?)  And it seems odd that this
time is before this Emacs session started (emacs-uptime shows 1 day,
1 hour, 16 minutes, 40 seconds).