Subject: bug#75209: 30.0.93; Emacs reader failed to read data in "/home/nlj/.cache/org-persist/gc-lock.eld"

From: "N. Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2025 15:54:54 +0000

At 19:02 +0000 on Tuesday 2024-12-31, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>
> Gnus may load Org. (AFAIU, it does it when viewing gnus articles)

Yes, I suppose it might.  [When I read an email with Org markup in
Gnus (source blocks, for example), the email gets nicely fontified.
Gnus might be using Org to do that rather than rolling its own
parser.]

> Another possible scenario is two Org instances writing to the same
> file at the same time.

I don't think that's the case here.

Certainly not the same user-owned Org Mode data file.  (I'm careful
not to open my Org mode files in my Gnus instance of Emacs [and
consequently I have to live with the inconvenience of not being able
to Capture directly from email or News].)

However now that I've learned that Org has internal files that it
writes to, it seems quite possible that two instances of Org might
write to one of those files at the same time.