Subject: bug#75194: closed (Re: bug#75194: Compilation of latest `scratch/igc' fails with `xwidget' on MacOS)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2024 01:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75194: Compilation of latest `scratch/igc' fails with `xwidget' on MacOS

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75194: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75194
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75194: Compilation of latest `scratch/igc' fails with `xwidget' on MacOS
From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
To: 黄京 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2024 00:59:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

黄京 <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I'd be very interested to hear whether this survives some GC cycles (M-x
>> igc-stats; then hit "c" a few times) when xwidgets are in use.  If it
>> does, we can close this bug.
>
> Thanks for the quick fix!
>
> Emacs built successfully, and after manually cycling GC while rendering web
> pages in xwidget, everything appears to work correctly without crashes.
>
> I believe this resolves the issue, and the bug can be considered fixed and
> closed.  Let me know if any further verification is needed.

Not on xwidgets specifically, but if you feel like it, sharing your
experiences with scratch/igc in general is always appreciated.

Closing this bug.  Thanks for the report!

Pip

Subject: Compilation of latest `scratch/igc' fails with `xwidget' on MacOS
From: 黄京 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2024 17:05:49 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm encountering a compile-time error when building the latest Emacs igc
branch with the `--with-mps=yes' and `--with-xwidget' options:

*igc.c:2459:5: error: no member named 'gc_header' in 'struct xwidget_view';
did you mean 'header'?*

 2459 |     IGC_FIX12_HEADER (ss, &w->xv);

      | *    ^*

*igc.c:1144:61: note: *expanded from macro 'IGC_FIX12_HEADER'

 1144 |       igc_assert ((mps_addr_t) (*p) == (mps_addr_t) &
(*p)->gc_header); \

      | *                                                            ^*

*./xwidget.h:104:28: note: *'header' declared here

  104 |   struct vectorlike_header header;

      | *                           ^*

Please let me know if you need any additional information to investigate
this issue.

Thanks.