Subject: Re: bug#75170: add-to-alist: new function

From: Roland Winkler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2025 09:50:10 -0600

On Wed, Jan 22 2025, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Perhaps we need to add a node to (info "(elisp) Lists") covering
>> > "map.el"?
>> 
>> +1.
>> 
>> I once tried to use map.el but gave up because of lacking documentation
>> (like seq.el) and docstrings I couldn't parse.
>
> Let's begin by fixing the doc strings, then.  We can consider adding
> to manual later, but the built-in documentation must be clear enough
> to use map.el.

Isn't this now a different topic?  Didn't we conclude that map-put! is
not a good option to be recommended for user init files?

I like Stephen's arguments for adding add-to-alist to emacs that are
based on 20+ years of actually using it in his init file.