Subject: bug#7517: 24.0.50; repeated crash under Mac OS X

From: emacs user <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:06:31 +0200

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:23:54 +0100
>> From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>,
>>       Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>>
>> On further thought, it isn't a filename, that would start with / (assuming
>> buffer filenames are always absolute).  In that case, the question is how a
>> buffer name can be a unibyte string?
>
> Some bad interaction between VM and Emacs?
>

yes, and I was hoping to be able to send a bug report about this,
hence the effort to edit the message.  but then I ran into this crash
problem.  if it could be fixed, I'll try again.  it seems, though,
that the crash problem indicates some unnecessary vulnerability of
emacs itself.  did you see the original hebrew characters in my
previous message?  does this help?