Subject: Re: bug#7517: 24.0.50; repeated crash under Mac OS X

From: emacs user <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 20:43:17 +0200

one more piece of information which may be relevant:  It seems that
emacs is trying to set the frame title to reflect the text, subject
and sender of the vm message which I am attempting to edit.  the text
of the header contains characters such as \362 \351 \370 etc.  Does
this help?

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> emacs user <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> This crash occurs when I use vm to read my mail, and attempt to edit
>>> an email written in non-English characters.  I cannot provide a simple
>>> reproducible example, but it is very easy for me to reproduce this
>>> with my setup and mail files.  Am happy to try patches etc.  Backtrace
>>> attached.
>>
>> The backtrace doesn't tell much.  Please try couple of things to pin
>> down the problem:
>>
>> 1. Compile without optimizations (CFLAGS="-g" ./configure; make) and
>>   post another backtrace.
>>
>> 2. Bisect to find the checkin that introduced this problem.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>