Subject: bug#75166: closed (Re: bug#75166: 30.0.50; New calc.texi warnings with texinfo 7.2)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2024 20:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75166: 30.0.50; New calc.texi warnings with texinfo 7.2

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75166: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75166
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#75166: 30.0.50; New calc.texi warnings with texinfo 7.2
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2024 22:39:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2024 20:14:29 +0000
> 
> Severity: minor
> 
> With texinfo 7.2, relased on 2024-12-28,[1] I get the following new
> warnings:
> 
> calc.texi:1275: warning: node up pointer for `Tutorial' is `Top' but
> up is `Interactive Tutorial' in menu
> calc.texi:32157: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Defining
> Functions' in menu but not in sectioning
> calc.texi:32378: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Defining
> Simple Commands' in menu but not in sectioning
> calc.texi:32540: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Defining
> Stack Commands' in menu but not in sectioning
> calc.texi:32642: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Argument
> Qualifiers' in menu but not in sectioning
> calc.texi:32729: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Example
> Definitions' in menu but not in sectioning
> calc.texi:32866: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Calling
> Calc from Your Programs' in menu but not in sectioning
> calc.texi:33261: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for
> `Internals' in menu but not in sectioning

Thanks, fixed on the emacs-30 branch.

Subject: 30.0.50; New calc.texi warnings with texinfo 7.2
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2024 20:14:29 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: minor

With texinfo 7.2, relased on 2024-12-28,[1] I get the following new
warnings:

calc.texi:1275: warning: node up pointer for `Tutorial' is `Top' but
up is `Interactive Tutorial' in menu
calc.texi:32157: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Defining
Functions' in menu but not in sectioning
calc.texi:32378: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Defining
Simple Commands' in menu but not in sectioning
calc.texi:32540: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Defining
Stack Commands' in menu but not in sectioning
calc.texi:32642: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Argument
Qualifiers' in menu but not in sectioning
calc.texi:32729: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Example
Definitions' in menu but not in sectioning
calc.texi:32866: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for `Calling
Calc from Your Programs' in menu but not in sectioning
calc.texi:33261: warning: node `Lisp Definitions' is up for
`Internals' in menu but not in sectioning

Footnotes:
[1]  https://lists.gnu.org/r/info-gnu/2024-12/msg00007.html