Subject: Re: [bug#75160] [PATCH xorg-updates 000/109] Xorg updates

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2024 22:33:06 +0100

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> Hello here are some Xorg updates, most tarballs had been switched from
> bz2 to xz.  libpciaccess switched to the meson build system.  Due to
> require lots of rust packages to be build, I haven't test xorg-server
> and it's drivers, will push to 'core-updates' branch for CI later.

Great work!  ‘core-updates’ is gone:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-08/msg00195.html

I would suggest instead to:

  1. Create an ‘xorg-updates’ branch with all the patches;

  2. Send to guix-patches a “request for merging” that branch (info
     "(guix) Managing Patches and Branches");

  3. Shortly before it’s “your turn” according to
     <https://qa.guix.gnu.org/>, get the branch built on ci.guix (you
     can ask one of the sysadmins, just ping on IRC or guix-devel).

Thanks,
Ludo’.