Subject: Re: bug#75154: 31.0.50; java-ts-mode. Issues with Indentation

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2025 16:52:13 -0700

Artem Bliznetsov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Ping! Ping!  Do we need to do anything else here?
> Well... indents still aren’t working exactly as expected. I mean, they
> work, but the changes only take effect after pressing RET. This was
> mentioned earlier, and so far there’s no fix. Also, there are some
> visual issues.
> Classes, return values, and data types all have the same
> face—font-lock-type-face,
> while null uses font-lock-constant-face. I’m not sure why. For instance,
> in the statement import java.util.List; the segment “java.util” appears
> with font-lock-constant-face. It seems that method declarations and method
> calls are supposed to have different faces—font-lock-function-name-face versus
> font-lock-function-call-face—but I haven’t managed to figure out how to
> configure them differently. Regarding the core functionality, there
> might be something else besides indents—I’m not ready to say for sure
> yet, as I’m simply not using java-ts-mode on a regular basis at the
> moment, so I can’t really tell what else might be off.

Perhaps it would be better to track these issues belong in new, separate
bug reports that are focused on them only?