Subject: Re: [bug#75145] [PATCH v2 0/1] services: network-manager: Add extra-configuration-files field.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2025 22:02:03 +0900

Hi Arnaud,

Arnaud Daby-Seesaram <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> Sorry, I was imprecise.
>
> NetworkManager needs to write to /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections
> The issue with extending etc-service-type was that "/etc/NetworkManager"
> became a link to the store, and thus system-connections could no longer
> be created/written to.
>
> However, the configuration directory is /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d .
>
> What I was proposing was to use file-union to create the configuration
> directory (in the store) and symlink it to /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d .
>
> This is close to what the patch already does.  I merely suggested to
> replace a homemade function by a function of (guix gexp):
> network-manager-configuration-directory and file-union do a similar job
> if I read them correctly.

Oh, I understand now, thank you for explaining.  It seems to make sense
to reuse file-union then.  45mg, do you also agree it makes sense?
If so, could you rework your change to use it and send a v3?

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim