Subject: debbugs info manual name

From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2024 10:16:48 -0500

Hello!

(This is about the ELPA package debbugs, not Emacs proper)

I wanted to make a quick suggestion on the debbugs info manuals names.
I think we should name the user manual "debbugs" and the programmer
manual "debbugs-programmer-manual" (NOT "debbugs-pm").

Currently the info manual is called: debbugs-ug.info
The programmer info manual is called: debbugs.info

This means people typing "info debbugs" will get the programmer info
manual, not the user info manual.

When I was first starting to use debbugs I skimmed the programmer info
manual accidentally and got quite confused trying to find the
information I wanted.  I ran "info debbugs" and opened the section
"searching bugs" hoping to find the user commands, not elisp ones.

The programmer manual does mention the user manual but as I was skimming
for something specific, not reading it carefully, I missed that.

Thanks,

Morgan