Subject: [bug#75100] [PATCH 0/3] Shepherd service of 'static-networking' completes in timely fashion

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2024 22:08:47 +0100

Hello,

This is a fix for <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71173>, a bug
whereby the ‘start’ method of the static-networking service could
remain in “starting” state forever.  With this patch, it now fails
within a minute.

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  services: static-networking: Run set-up/tear-down as a separate
    process.
  services: static-networking: Fail when devices don’t show up.
  tests: Run without the Linux kernel “quiet” argument.

 gnu/services/base.scm    | 370 ++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 gnu/tests.scm            |   3 +-
 gnu/tests/networking.scm |  71 +++++++-
 3 files changed, 263 insertions(+), 181 deletions(-)

base-commit: b66b58123d9598bdd9d33b4af8334fecd2419d5f
-- 
2.46.0