Subject: bug#75078: Guile 3.0.10 fails to build for i686 cygwin

From: Jeremy Drake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2025 12:14:52 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 6 Jan 2025, Rob Browning wrote:

> Jeremy Drake <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > ice-9/boot-9.scm:1676:22: In procedure raise-exception:
> > Value out of range 0 to< 18446744073709551615: -505802029
> > make[2]: *** [Makefile:2515: language/cps/guile-vm/reify-primitives.go]
> > Error 1
>
> Is this with the release, or the current main branch?
>
> Sounds like the former, and if so, then it could be something that's
> been fixed since the release -- 3.0.10 is broken for 32-bit
> architectures, but main should work there now.

It was with the release.  I swear I did try to find commits or bug reports
that looked lile they were this issue, but I apparently didn't look in the
right place, I see bug 71891 now which is clearly this same issue.  Sorry
for the noise.

BTW, with the claim in that bug that it was fixed by
aff9ac968840e9c86719fb613bd2ed3c39b9905c, I attempted to apply that to
3.0.10 but got conflicts.  Since I don't know scheme at all (I'm just
trying to package guile), I also had to apply
5e6288c9304b60f1875a44808ee3858e3d6efc83
0dab58fc2a6ac6a8354439749d598f8c24f57ddd
and e45b70dcded37eb77e71ec30445b12040b6bb1b7, but with those 4 patches
the guile 3.0.10 release built for me on i686.  I don't know if I'll go
with that or just wait for 3.0.11 though.