Subject: bug#75067: 29.3; randomly unresponsive while typing

From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2024 12:50:41 -0600

Merry Solstice!

I would like to know what happened
which led to an unresponsive emacs
burning 100% CPU, fans roaring.

By the time I tried view-lossage it was too late.
My only clue is is #<bytecode 0x1c58a1a1743c49cf>

		Peace
			--Devon

P.S.  No hits from
(let ((h #x1c58a1a1743c49cf)
       (count 0))
   (mapatoms
    (lambda (s)
      (incf count)
      (let* ((f (symbol-function s))
	    (b (and (byte-code-function-p f)
                     (aref f 1))))
        (when (or (= h (sxhash s))
                  (= h (sxhash f))
                  (= h (sxhash b)))
	 (message "Atom %S Function %S ByteCode %s" s f b)))))
   count) ; => 81700
;; Perhaps someone can suggest a better way?

P.P.S.  It eventually stopped:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-regexp "Regular expression too 
big")
   (all-completions #("https" 0 5 (fontified nil)) [## route-program 
org-element-paragraph-separate calendar-forward-week 
tramp-sudoedit-file-name-handler ANG bibtex-entry-right-delimiter 
py-backward-def org-indent-drawer Reduce\ To:\ to\ Cc: 
ert-test-passed-duration--cmacro c-electric-lt-gt :neither SUTUH 
gnus-article-nndoc-name org-export-before-processing-functions 
hs-hide-comments-when-hiding-all erc-toggle-timestamps 
gnus-mime-security-details-buffer gnus-agent-group-covered-p 
org-table--descriptor-line edebug-mode-on-hook 
message-expand-name-databases ANY py-execute-region-jython 
nnoo-map-functions gnus-try-warping-via-registry DOLIST kmacro-pop-ring1 
org-switch-to-buffer-other-window py-execute-region-python 
erc-track-showcount py-copy-if-block org-table-get-range 
vc-bzr-shelve-menu SAIL widget-face-sample-face-get 
nnimap-status-message gnus-summary-limit-to-marks kmacro-p 
symbol-before-point-for-complete py-beginning-of-block 
article-fill-long-lines smime-buffer-as-string-region org-get-org-file 
pyflakes org-at-keyword-p Parsing\ HTML/XML bibtex-text-in-string ! ...] 
#f(compiled-function (sym) #<bytecode 0x5b74db95d1ece59>))
   (complete-with-action t [## route-program 
org-element-paragraph-separate calendar-forward-week 
tramp-sudoedit-file-name-handler ANG bibtex-entry-right-delimiter 
py-backward-def org-indent-drawer Reduce\ To:\ to\ Cc: 
ert-test-passed-duration--cmacro c-electric-lt-gt :neither SUTUH 
gnus-article-nndoc-name org-export-before-processing-functions 
hs-hide-comments-when-hiding-all erc-toggle-timestamps 
gnus-mime-security-details-buffer gnus-agent-group-covered-p 
org-table--descriptor-line edebug-mode-on-hook 
message-expand-name-databases ANY py-execute-region-jython 
nnoo-map-functions gnus-try-warping-via-registry DOLIST kmacro-pop-ring1 
org-switch-to-buffer-other-window py-execute-region-python 
erc-track-showcount py-copy-if-block org-table-get-range 
vc-bzr-shelve-menu SAIL widget-face-sample-face-get 
nnimap-status-message gnus-summary-limit-to-marks kmacro-p 
symbol-before-point-for-complete py-beginning-of-block 
article-fill-long-lines smime-buffer-as-string-region org-get-org-file 
pyflakes org-at-keyword-p Parsing\ HTML/XML bibtex-text-in-string ! ...] 
#("https" 0 5 (fontified nil)) #f(compiled-function (sym) #<bytecode 
0x5b74db95d1ece59>))
   (#f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode 
0xc787ec5206d5d27>) #("https" 0 5 (fontified nil)) #f(compiled-function 
(sym) #<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>) t)
   (all-completions #("https" 0 5 (fontified nil)) #f(compiled-function 
(string pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) #f(compiled-function 
(sym) #<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>))
   (completion-pcm--all-completions "" (#("https" 0 5 (fontified nil)) 
any #(":" 0 1 (fontified nil)) any #("/" 0 1 (fontified nil)) any #("/" 
0 1 (fontified nil)) any-delim #("www" 0 3 (fontified nil)) any #("." 0 
1 (fontified nil)) any-delim #("youtube" 0 7 (fontified nil)) any #("." 
0 1 (fontified nil)) any-delim #("com" 0 3 (fontified nil)) any #("/" 0 
1 (fontified nil)) any-delim #("watch?v=" 0 8 (fontified nil)) any #("_" 
0 1 (fontified nil)) any-delim #("jyXxv5aHQg\n\nhttps" 0 9 (fontified 
nil) 9 10 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 10 17 (fontified nil)) any 
#(":" 0 1 (fontified nil)) any #("/" 0 1 (fontified nil)) any #("/" 0 1 
(fontified nil)) any-delim #("youtu" 0 5 (fontified nil)) any #("." 0 1 
(fontified nil)) any-delim #("be" 0 2 (fontified nil)) any #("/" 0 1 
(fontified nil)) any #("_" 0 1 (fontified nil)) any-delim 
#("jyXxv5aHQg?t=4769\11{goes" 0 16 (fontified nil) 16 17 (rear-nonsticky 
t fontified nil) 17 23 (fontified nil)) any #(" " 0 1 (fontified nil)) 
any-delim #("silent}\n\n2024x27n\11order" 0 23 (fontified nil)) any #(" 
" 0 1 (fontified nil)) any-delim ...) #f(compiled-function (string pred 
action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) #f(compiled-function (sym) 
#<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>))
   (completion-pcm--find-all-completions 
#("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyXxv5aHQg\n\nhttps..." 0 42 
(fontified nil) 42 43 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 43 79 (fontified 
nil) 79 80 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 80 262 (fontified nil) 262 
263 (fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 263 461 (fontified nil) 461 462 
(rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 462 599 (fontified nil) 599 600 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 600 693 (fontified nil) 693 694 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 694 720 (fontified nil) 720 721 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 721 723 (fontified nil) 723 733 (face 
font-lock-string-face fontified nil) ...) #f(compiled-function (string 
pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) #f(compiled-function (sym) 
#<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>) 55834 nil)
   (completion-pcm-try-completion 
#("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyXxv5aHQg\n\nhttps..." 0 42 
(fontified nil) 42 43 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 43 79 (fontified 
nil) 79 80 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 80 262 (fontified nil) 262 
263 (fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 263 461 (fontified nil) 461 462 
(rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 462 599 (fontified nil) 599 600 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 600 693 (fontified nil) 693 694 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 694 720 (fontified nil) 720 721 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 721 723 (fontified nil) 723 733 (face 
font-lock-string-face fontified nil) ...) #f(compiled-function (string 
pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) #f(compiled-function (sym) 
#<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>) 55834)
   (#f(compiled-function (style) #<bytecode 0x16b4d5de6cc40c6f>) 
partial-completion)
   (completion--some #f(compiled-function (style) #<bytecode 
0x16b4d5de6cc40c6f>) (basic partial-completion emacs22))
   (completion--nth-completion 1 
#("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyXxv5aHQg\n\nhttps..." 0 42 
(fontified nil) 42 43 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 43 79 (fontified 
nil) 79 80 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 80 262 (fontified nil) 262 
263 (fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 263 461 (fontified nil) 461 462 
(rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 462 599 (fontified nil) 599 600 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 600 693 (fontified nil) 693 694 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 694 720 (fontified nil) 720 721 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 721 723 (fontified nil) 723 733 (face 
font-lock-string-face fontified nil) ...) #f(compiled-function (string 
pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) #f(compiled-function (sym) 
#<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>) 55834 (metadata (affixation-function . 
read-extended-command--affixation) (category . command)))
   (completion-try-completion 
#("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyXxv5aHQg\n\nhttps..." 0 42 
(fontified nil) 42 43 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 43 79 (fontified 
nil) 79 80 (rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 80 262 (fontified nil) 262 
263 (fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 263 461 (fontified nil) 461 462 
(rear-nonsticky t fontified nil) 462 599 (fontified nil) 599 600 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 600 693 (fontified nil) 693 694 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 694 720 (fontified nil) 720 721 
(fontified nil rear-nonsticky t) 721 723 (fontified nil) 723 733 (face 
font-lock-string-face fontified nil) ...) #f(compiled-function (string 
pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) #f(compiled-function (sym) 
#<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>) 55834 (metadata (affixation-function . 
read-extended-command--affixation) (category . command)))
   (completion--do-completion #<marker at 1 in  *Minibuf-1*> 55835)
   (completion--in-region-1 #<marker at 1 in  *Minibuf-1*> 55835)
   (#f(compiled-function (start end collection predicate) #<bytecode 
-0xcde98cef52f7030>) #<marker at 1 in  *Minibuf-1*> 55835 
#f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) 
#f(compiled-function (sym) #<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>))
   (apply #f(compiled-function (start end collection predicate) 
#<bytecode -0xcde98cef52f7030>) (#<marker at 1 in  *Minibuf-1*> 55835 
#f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) 
#f(compiled-function (sym) #<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>)))
   (#f(compiled-function (funs global args) #<bytecode 
-0x1b9a2fd66e6f922>) nil nil (#<marker at 1 in  *Minibuf-1*> 55835 
#f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) 
#f(compiled-function (sym) #<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>)))
   (completion--in-region #<marker at 1 in  *Minibuf-1*> 55835 
#f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) 
#f(compiled-function (sym) #<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>))
   (completion-in-region #<marker at 1 in  *Minibuf-1*> 55835 
#f(compiled-function (string pred action) #<bytecode 0xc787ec5206d5d27>) 
#f(compiled-function (sym) #<bytecode 0x128580ad3b6418a9>))
   (#f(compiled-function () (interactive nil) #<bytecode 
0x1c58a1a1743c49cf>))
   (funcall-interactively #f(compiled-function () (interactive nil) 
#<bytecode 0x1c58a1a1743c49cf>))
   (call-interactively #f(compiled-function () (interactive nil) 
#<bytecode 0x1c58a1a1743c49cf>) nil nil)
   (command-execute #f(compiled-function () (interactive nil) #<bytecode 
0x1c58a1a1743c49cf>))